Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet Savannah





Savannah is my new favorite place to visit! It is the quintessential southern town with its moss, mystery, and mood! With our house unpacked and not a thing to do, we headed east to Savannah which is also known as the most haunted US city. There are pirates, Civil War stories, and even a haunted cemetery! You never know what is waiting around the corner in this southern sanctuary! One of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing the old houses that have been restored and act as homes, businesses, and offer tours. Some of these houses even date back to 1800 and survived the Civil War! (history nerd 12:00)


Some of the highlights from the trip include:
MINT JULEPS

SCARY GHOST TOURS

PAULA DEEN'S RESTAURANT...SOOOOOO GOOD!

QUAINT OLD MANSIONS

GEORGIA BEACHES

And this is what we came home to...

5 comments:

Mario and Andrea Rodriguez said...

We loved Savannah when we went in 2007 (i think) Did y'a'll ride one of those pedicabs?

kristin fulghum said...

looks like you guys had a fun trip. glad you are enjoying the south!

annalee said...

SAVANNAH SMILES! i love it.

sara lindsey said...

glad you're getting to enjoy some southern romance! can't wait to see pics of the house once you've finished decorating! xo

Roxanne said...

Sarah Beth! I'm so tickled you dropped by!....I just love Molly, and I'm so happy she sent you my way! She may have also told you that our oldest daughter, Beth, (28) also has a great blog! Her hubby is a Naval Flight Officer that just got back 2 weeks ago. Today is their 7th anniversary, they have the cutest little 3 yr old girl, Carter, and are expecting their second child in January. I bet y'all have a lot in common! You can also get to her blog when your on mine.

www.bethandcompany.blogspot.com/

Please come back! I'll be announcing Clint's engagement in a few days, with lot's of cool pic's!

Oh! I definitely will be back to visit you two cuties, and your southern adventures!And again, a heart-felt thanks to you both. May God richly bless your lives of service.

Blue skies!
Roxanne