My bloom moved from here...
to here!

What a crazy week it has been for Joe and I! We left our home, families, friends, dog, and many memories behind for our first military move together. We began our adventure just one short week ago, (even though it feels like a whole month has passed.) After countless miles and several states, our tired, traveling souls dropped us off right here in Montgomery, Alabama! Luckily, our moving truck was right behind us so we were able to get our stuff on Monday. Since then, we have been unpacking, sorting, organizing, hanging, exploring, eating, decorating, but mostly trying to figure out how to squeeze our once big kitchen into our now tiny kitchen. Who needs 12 wines glasses (red and white respectfully) anyways? Or 2 different sets of china? Certainly nobody living in this house now! Did I mention we had 27 kitchen boxes???? Now I can't complain about having somebody come to your house, pack your stuff, move it by hand, and deliver it to your door, but I can complain about having to unpack it once it has been delivered to you so gently! It is kind of fun to open a box and not know what to expect. For example, a guest bathroom box that also houses a spice rack, hand mixer, and candle holder. The only items we seem to be missing are all of our DVD's (except Gilmore Girls got here, much to Joe's dislike!) and some of my clothes (to my dislike).
All in all, on a scale of 1-10 I would rate this move at about a 7. I don't go any higher because yes, while it has been pretty smooth, it is hard to see your things in a house that isn't yours and it YES, there have been several breakdowns. I think my low point probably came on Wednesday when we were unpacking the kitchen. There was not an end in site, three plates were broken, and to top it off Joe dropped a picture of Dixie and it broke. I sank into a deep depression for about 45 minutes and was quickly snapped back into reality when So You Think You Can Dance came on. (then quickly sank back into it with the breast cancer dance)
Many thanks to all that have called, emailed, text, or even offered up a prayer! Prayers were answered and I believe we have landed right where we are suppose to be. To sum it up...who wants to move to Alabama with me?????
These are a few pics of the house when we first moved in. I don't want to post updated until it is all decorated to my liking! 
4 comments:
the number one reason to move to alabama would definitely be to be closer to y'all!
you've definitely already started to bloom there. i just know it.
i'm itching to see the after pictures of some of your decorating magic on those walls.
love you!
I can just see your wonderful decorating style transform your new home in no time!! Believe it or not it will seem like home one day. So excited to hear of your trip to Savannah - a whole lot jealous!! Say hello to the Lady and sons for me!! Tell Paula Hello! Keep your chin up the Buds will bloom!
oh girl, i totally know how you're feeling. my recommendation is to find a church you love, quickly. that helps so much! will be praying for you guys and i most definitely can't wait to see the after pics...i know it will look wonderful!
alabama doesn't know what it's in for...i'm sure you're missing home (and we're missing you) but what a fun adventure together! love.
Post a Comment