Monday, July 13, 2009

Fini FUN!!


Joe had his last flight in the B1 for the time being. He is a cracker jack pilot (if I do say so myself), and he looks cute in his uniform! It was quite a fiasco trying to get 15 family members and friends on base and on the flightline in time for the landing. And as you would imagine, it didn't go smoothly~ we were being told that the bus was about to leave and I'm thinking "can't they hold his bus for his wife?" Thankfully, we had a VIP suburban waiting for us and piled in! It was VERY tight but we made it just in the nick of time to see him taxi in. The fun part about a fini flight is that you get to hose them down with champagne and water. Myself and Cooney took control of the champagne and Wyatt and Anna had the water sprayers. He came down the ladder and we went crazy! We all cheered and took pictures and it became a very memorable day! I'm proud of my pilot!


After the fini flight it was then time to celebrate and work ourselves up for trying to say goodbye. Not fun, but Perinis is WAY fun! We ate ourselves silly and loved every minute of it. Alabama will not be the same without this restaurant or these people!












2 comments:

annalee said...

you look fabulous on the arm of that pilot!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, I'm sad for you going through all the goodbyes, but excited for yall and this new adventure! I miss you already! Glad we're both moving. I found some pictures of us at 8th Grade Fun Day the year we went to the pool when I was cleaning our my teaching stuff at home the other day--made me smile and think of all our fun times! So thankful for you. God bless you and Joe as you move!