Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Walk it out!

Last weekend Tiffani, Annalee, Sunni, and me participated in the Susan G. Komen 3Day for the cure. These are the top 10 words you might hear around the 3Day camp:

1. STRENGTH
Our team started 4 strong...
...and finished 4 strong!
2. MOLESKIN-
You live by the moleskin, you blister without the moleskin!
3.PORTA POTTY-
I'll never take advantage of a flushing toilet again.

4. HOPE-
For moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, friends, children, and every women in between!

5. STRETCH-
Never had such a special meaning.

6. MEMORIES-
I'll never forget those three days forever and ever. I wouldn't want to have done it with anyone else! We had so much fun and were even delerious at a lot of different points!
7. LOVE-
3,300 people walked in the 3Day. Not all women, 356 men. Everyone had a reason for their walk. I was especially moved by these 4 Marines that walked all 60 miles in full uniform, packs and all. Their flag read "you supported us now the troops support you." Of course I am a sucker for a soldier and stalked them along the route!

8. TA-TA'S
A term commonly used on the 3Day and the reason we all walk!

9. SWEEP-
a term used to "sweep" you to the next stop. These were the most fun vans all decorated with crazy loud music.


10. LIFETIME-

Because everyone deserves one! That is why we walked!!




4 comments:

annalee said...

those 10 words summed it up so well! oh how i miss you and each and every one of our walking moments!

molly said...

I am still so proud and envious of the walk you took. You and your team are amazing!!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Miss it. Legs still hurt.

M said...

Sarah-

I am very proud of you and your team for your walk. I had no idea a year ago how much cancer would effect my life and I can definitely say I'll be doing everything I can to help cure it. All of it.

xo~
Mags