It's just not going to be the same next year.
Mine:
My heart is literally being ripped away from me. I want to run and jump in front of his B1 and make him not go. I miss him so much and it hasn't even been one day. I'm sure it will get better with time, as all things do. But for now, one teary-eyed, sad girl goes to bed.
Joe's:
There's really no easy way to prepare for the most miserable day I can remember. Putting you on that plane today was horrible beyond belief. I really felt my body breaking in half watching you walk away. I drove home in silence with thoughts of how I am going to survive one day without you, much less 180 days.
It's funny how similar we wrote there at the beginning. We are definitely in a different place than last July 25th, but we are certainly happier knowing that for the next 6 months we get to be just, together.
3 comments:
looking back on those difficult times, makes the precious moments and memories you and joe will share over the next 6 months that much more special!! enjoy every minute of it...
I still pull my journal out occasionally, and I know what you mean...it stirs up those crazy emotions all over again. Aren't you glad that you both kept journals though? Ryan and I can't wait to share them with our kids when they're old enough!
I stumbled across your blog and lordy! I've sat here in my dark living room for the past hour, read back on all of your memories and months you spent with a heavy heart and cried. My boyfriend has been in the USAF for 13 years and has been to the desert four times. He hasn't been since we met but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how painful it is going to be when he does leave...The holidays spent without him, the nights spent alone. I don't know how you did it. You are one incredibly strong woman. You better keep writing because you are going to be my inspiration when he leaves!
Post a Comment