Well this post has certainly taken me awhile to get to. Which I would say is strange because it is summer and I 'm a teacher and I should be sipping margaritas and eating bon-bons by the pool. Hmm... remind me to do that tomorrow. Since my brother Wyatt has gotten back to Abilene there has been much to celebrate and we have not missed an opportunity to do so.
Our first order of business was of course to get him home, which we did. I painted another one of my famous signs to welcome him home. I love painting these signs because it means they are on their way home! 

Then there was the matter of the annual pre-goat cook. Will and his buddy Hatchett enter the famous goat cook-off each Labor Day and they have a pig cook as well, to just generally... get together, drink beer, roast pigs, and have fun in the country. I love going out to the country and Joe and I actually feel like we belong with our boots. This was a fun year especially because more of the family got to go and I think everyone left with a greater appreciation of goat!

The cooks!





3 comments:
Were you secretly a cheerleader?? You're such a good little sign maker. Maybe the margaritas and bon bons can convince me to become a teacher. :)
So glad that Wyatt is home--so proud of all your soldiers!
is that a goat? looks like a pig to me....
whoop whooop. rhinestoneranchabilene.blogspot.com
:)
Post a Comment