Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Howdy Wyatt!



WYATT IS BACK!!!

It is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful feeling knowing that our baby Wyatt is back in America. He returned to Kansas on Sunday evening. He looks great and the smile on his face is enough to bring a single tear to this proud sister's eye!
How do I even begin to tell anyone what an awesome sight it was to see all those soldiers reuniting with their loved ones? I can't. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I wish every person could have and cherish. I'll never forget the overwhelming since of pride and accomplishment on all of the soldier's faces, the smiles sneaking out while trying to be in attention, and myself hearing the national anthem REALLY for the first time as they saluted.
15 months ago we wished Wyatt well and sent him to Afghanistan. Now, we welcome him home ( a little dusty, a little more grown-up, a little injured) but EVERY bit the hero he has become.
The three eeeeager beeeeavers waiting~
We finally found him after getting lost in a sea of camo!
Right where he belongs!
The boys carrying all of the heavy baggage. I am running the cameras at this point. My turn would come later to carry the heavy bag of three flights of stairs.

Will and Joe are Wyatt's roadies!








5 comments:

yarger gal said...

So glad our soldier is finally home -- can't wait to celebrate with the whole family!!

elizabeth said...

So happy for all of you. Glad that Wyatt is back!

annalee said...

welcome home wyatt! you look just as heroic as always.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Yay! Welcome home, Wyatt!

So sad I missed you while you were here. I left Friday morning to go to the lakehouse!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hi girly! Email me at fabulouskdesigns at gmail dot com

thanks!