Thursday, May 29, 2008

Red, White, and TRUE!!

Memorial Day is just like every other day...only WAY different. Memorial Day is special for me because I love to celebrate soldiers remembered and soldiers that I love. There is no better reason to celebrate for me. This year we had a grand ole' all-American day. It started early with Anna and Kid Rock (i'm sorry, Joe) mowing the grass while I tended to my flowers.
Good yard workers are hard to find and little Anna is the best!
With the lawn looking like a million bucks we were free to embark on our next American adventure: fishing. Anna and Chris took us to their favorite fishing hole and we caught no fish but had a lot of fun and got awkward sunburn lines.
Our yard and house looked soooo cute!! When we hung the banner up Joe said it looked like a gas station having a gas sale and he hoped nobody pulled in ready to fill up. I'm proud of our flag and if you look closer you will see tiny flags all throughout the flowers. It doesn't get any more all-American then a man with a Polo and a football!
Oh beautiful for spacious skies!!!!
Food is always American!!!
My Aunt Molly posted an amazing blog about our family and the legacy that we have left and have now. I'm sure glad that we have people like them to keep us sleeping safe at night!!
Happy Late Memorial Day!






6 comments:

annalee said...

you win-
best use of patroitic colors and
best family representation protecting our country!
ps- did you get the adorable pic of your favorite soldier holding your favorite baby in the album i sent your way? too cute!

Meg & Amanda said...

Wow, Anna is working really hard...

Maddie said...

How fun! You are my holiday decorating hero! I wish my sister was as helpful/ useful as yours!!!

elizabeth said...

Yeah, the decorations look great...but I'm more interested in the food! Let's think of a reason to celebrate (and eat) when I'm in town.

Holly Grant said...

Happy belated birthday. Ben said he saw you at Rosa's and I wish I could have been there! It would have been great to see you!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Woah, Anna. Next time she's in town we would love to request her services.

Your all-American boy in his polo...God bless America!