Monday, May 5, 2008


Diamonds and guac are a girl's best friend!
-Tiffani Harrington

What a big weekend it has been for this little curly top! We went to Gruene on Saturday night to hear Charlie Robison play at Gruene Hall and celebrate Joe's promotion. Charlie Robison was wonderful and we had soooo much fun and not to mention eating at the Gristmill before. I saw Joe lick a rib bone clean! On Sunday we spent the afternoon shopping at La Cantera and the Bass Pro Shop mini earth size outdoor world! Sunday night we had reservation to eat at a great restaurant on the Riverwalk and so we left our hotel to go down to the riverwalk a little early. We passed the bridge where I told Joe two years ago that Selena had gotten engaged on that very bridge and how cute it would be to get engaged on this bridge. We pass the bridge a couple of times and then settle in to have drinks at Joe's. I was eagerly watching the clock for our eating reservations, and Joe was watching his clock for a different kind of reservation. As we walked over the Selena bridge to go to the other side, we stopped at the top and the next thing I knew Joe was on his knee and I was doing the silent scream thing with my hands! Joe asked me to marry him and I said YES!!! It was soooo exciting and we celebrated with guacamole and mojitos!! The night was filled with love, celebration, eagerness, and most of all happiness!!


Here we are at Gruene Hall!!


Before the proposal!

After the proposal!

Here is my amazing ring! Joe did a great job! This is however a temporary band. The one I am getting is actually thicker than this one. I love everything about this ring but most of all that it came from my man!

26 comments:

Meg & Amanda said...

You two look so happy! Joe did an awesome job picking out the ring...it is beautiful! Love you both!

molly said...

All I can say is its about TIME!!! I am so happy and a little teary eyed at the moment. I am so excited for you both - you are two of my favorite people.What a beautiful spot to get engaged -a wonderful memory, and story to tell.Let the wedding plans begin!!!!

Natalie said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

The ring is beautiful!!! Just gorgeous!

Congratulations! We've already told Guido to be on standby to get the house ready for a bridal luncheon or a shower. I'm thinking a soiree by the pool? Your wish is our command.

Mary Beth said...

CONGRATS! That is so romantic!!

annalee said...

your engagement is so perfectly you!
your fiancee is so perfect for you!
your ring is so perfect!
so happy for you and joe!

Tiffani said...

I am about to start crying...my little BFF is all grown up! I am so EXCITED for you both. I love you & I love Joe & I LOVE his diamond skillz!! The ring is absolutely beautiful...I can't wait to see it in person & try it on of course! I am just so so so giddy. I can't wait for my second full day of being friends with an engaged girl...in the words of Tim! Hugs & kisses to you both...bring on the parties!

sara lindsey said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I've had this extra weird obsession with checking your blog lately because I just kept expecting this post to appear! CONGRATULATIONS! We couldn't be happier or more excited for you! sb moschella--love it!

klp said...

congrats, congrats, congrats! as a newlywed i can tell you, this is a SUPER fun time and i pray you two soak up every moment. have so much fun!

Sara S. said...

So perfect, SB! Couldn't be happier for you! The ring is amazing! Many wonderful memories ahead...

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! your ring is beautiful!

elizabeth said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you two! I can't wait to see you (and the ring) when I come to Abilene. Congratulations!!!!

Amy said...

Sara Beth- Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and Joe! Your ring is beautiful and I cannot wait to give you a big hug!

Amy

Kim and Eric said...

Congratulations Sarah Beth! You look absoultely beautiful and so happy. The ring is gorgeous!!! He did very well. What a great story. Best wishes to you both!
Kim

Johnson Family said...

SB, I have subscribed to your blog feed. (I found you through Tiffani and Natalie) I am so happy for you and Joe. What a perfect proposal. I know you will be a breathtaking bride. Enjoy these months of engagement. Congrats again!
Jen (Hoge) Johnson

Maddie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR RING IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

J+C=JA+CV+TA said...

Congratulations Sarah Beth! i never knew Joe's last name but i love it! so unique - very you.

the thorntons said...

I've been checking for this post for awhile now! I'm SO excited for the 2 of you. I got butterflies just reading your story! Congratulations!!!

B. said...

That ring is stunningly beauiful. Congratulations on your engagement! Enjoy this wonderfultime of planning.

ThePoeFam said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Congratulations! Can't wait to watch the wedding plans unfold in Sarah Beth world...I know it will be one amazing event! Have so much fun being engaged! :)

yarger gal said...

congrats, we're soooo excited for both of you. it's such a special time -- cherish every moment!!

Jill said...

Congratulations Sarah! Remember me, hooray for Lytle and fun summer parties???? You are still as cute and hilarious as always. I am sooo happy for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Oh my goodness!!! I just checked your blog and I am so excited for you guys! Your ring is absolutely beautiful and Joe is so thoughtful and sweet! I'm so excited for you guys. Love you so much!

Jodi said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! I'm SO happy for you!

Mario and Andrea Rodriguez said...

CONGRATS!!! What a great surprise to hear while blog-surfing tonight! I love that proposal story. - dre

Shyla Flickinger said...

Sarah Beth-

I was just searching blogs and came across yours through Mary Beth's...and AHHH!!! The excitement! Such a wonderful proposal for such a wonderful person! Congrats!

P.S.= He should teach classes on picking out diamonds! He's a pro!