Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I love a garage sale...& Kristin!

I had a real big weekend of garage sailing, celebrating Kristin and Clay, and lots of yard work. I gathered up enough stuff from college dorm rooms, apartments, post-college housing, and my current house. I have a lot of good stuff! I can see why my garage sale was a wild success! At first light, I thought we would be bustling with business but it turned out that my ad didn't run in the paper. Well, it came to pass that Young Life was having a garage sale around the corner so Anna and me went and hung my signs right by their big sale. Anna even did a little PR in her cute pink suit and gathered up some instant customers. From then on, we were busy little girls! I love a garage sale, even though it is hard work it is always worth it in the end!
As I undid boxes, I was near tears getting out all of my old college stuff. Here I am with my paddle. Oh thanks Mandy! Delta Love!
Garage sale princess!
Doodles: NOT for sale!
Saturday night we went to Kristin and Clay's wedding party. It was so fun! I had such a good time catching up with Annalee, Kristin, and Sara. I also thought it was hilarious that several of the moms approached Joe to tell him they knew him from my blog. Joe feels like he is being stalked and I like it! Little Adelaide is such a cute baby! Her aunt SB got to hold her and take care of her (until she starts to cry). I'm so excited about Kristin's wedding and can't wait to see her walk down that aisle!

OH and the best part was Mrs. Debbie's cookies! Sick that I had chocolate on my arm. Even more sick that Annalee said lick it off! Joe and Evan bonded over mountain climbing so they came back to the house to borrow a DVD of some sort and Adelaide had on the cutest outfit. Whoever bought that must be a real cool person!!!

6 comments:

annalee said...

sb- it was SO fun to be with you this weekend, i'm glad kristin gave us an excuse to be together!
and as for that onesie, adelaide keeps asking to wear it every single day. she must know just how cute she looks in it!

annalee said...

sb

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Wow, and I bet you did lick that chocolate off.

sara lindsey said...

i sure hope that paddle didn't go in the garage sale! i came across mine unpacking, too...and i actually thought to myself, hmmm...is there somewhere that i could put it without being a complete heeb?

Meg & Amanda said...

Sarah, I totally forgot to put the Dos XX comment from Amanda Brown. That was too funny. Had so much fun this weekend.

Kiss Kiss

Jodi said...

No Brazil memorabilia in the garage sale??? Found your blog through Sunni, so fun to read all about what's going on with you!