No holiday or family time is ever complete without Wyatt. If you have been following my blog, you know that he has been deployed for 13 months. In June we were shaken with the news of an IED attack on his vehicle. Miracle from God-he only suffered from a concussion and hurt ribs. Compared to others, he was lucky. Yesterday morning we were again shaken with news of another IED. He is in the hospital with another concussion and hurt leg/knee. At this point we are unsure of the injury and what this may mean for him. Yesterday we were told he would be sent to Bagram and then Germany and possibly back to the states. This morning he called and what a relief it is to hear his voice. He is in pain but sounded good. Although he is injured his main worries were staying there with his men and friends. I would hate to be the doctor that might tell him he had to leave. I hate to think of him laying in a hospital without his family nearby to take care of him. The most we can give him right now are our prayers. We have often said that there are angels on his shoulders and it was true yesterday morning. The love of his family can be felt thousands of miles away. 
Sunday, March 30, 2008
The LOVE of a family
I am always a week behind and this week is no exception. I had a wonderful weekend with my dear family during Easter. We met up early for a day of eating, painting, eating again, and bowling! There was all sorts of craziness going on while we painted and thankfully we had our own room. (We tend to get a little loud) After painting we all met at our house to feast on "heavy apps" which is my personal favorite meal. Josh is turning 30 this year and is a soon-to-be dad. So the girl cousins ganged up to get him a really classy air brush t-shirt and then insisted that he wear it to bowl in. Us cousins are a tightly knit bunch that come from a strong-rooted family. Each time we are together is always filled with laughter, stories, hopes for each other, and memories. Easter Sunday was a special time for us to gather as a family and praise God for all of our blessings. I'm always sad when we have to say goodbye to each other but know in my heart of hearts that we will all be together soon and will pickup right where we left off. There is no better love than the love of my family. 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ummm...I'm gonna need you to explain "heavy apps." I'm perplexed.
I am so sorry to hear about Wyatt's injuries. We will be praying for him.
my mom called me yesterday to tell me about wyatt getting hurt - please know that we are praying for him as well. bless his heart!
SB, I'm so sorry to hear about Wyatt. But you are right--your family is SO strong and close. I'm praying for you all!
sb- praying lots for wyatt and all of you. you are so right about the angels on is shoulders.
and josh's shirt is so great!
it was so good to see you guys this weekend, wasn't the wedding amazing? looking forward to seeing you guys again!
Praying for Wyatt...you're right, it's the most you can do, and the only thing he really needs.
What a courageous brother you have. And you are a sweet sister for reminding everyone that the U.S. is being represented by the finest individuals this country has to offer. Many prayers for Wyatt and your family.
prayers for wyatt--for painless healing, for his own peace in the midst of a war, for protection, and for his sweet, sweet family.
Post a Comment