Monday, March 24, 2008

JAMAICAN me crazy MON!

Joe and I just got back from a spring break celebration in Jamaica. The island is beautiful and I fell in love with the wonderful spirit of the people! They were seriously the most accommodating, genuinely happy folk! Where do I even start? The food, the BBC's (those of you who have traveled to Sandals know this well), the picture-perfect coastlines, the reggae, the food, the roaring sound of the the ocean hitting the beach, the feeling of relaxation, or the food??


I know...I'll start with he food! We got some good pointers from a fellow Jamaica lover Sunni so we knew the places to hit up first. Our first stop...the outdoor pizza oven. OOOHHH!!! We were pretty much the sickest people on the island about the pizza and the calzones. We ate there everyday for lunch and everyday we noticed that most people were splitting one pizza and we were each ordering our own and just about finishing it! Who are these people that go to an all-inclusive resort and share pizza? They exist? Here we are with our loves...


Next stop...the beautiful beaches that just never stopped giving me what I wanted...



We had lots of time to just relax and spend some great time together which has been hard for us the last 2 years!



Of course I couldn't leave off any of the heeby solo shots that were taken because it is just the two of us! Good thing I have the power to post pictures while Joe works in the other room!





And finally my personal favorite part of the trip was our excursion to the "James Bond" & "Cocktail" waterfall. Thanks Sunni & Xavier for this great idea. We had a great little guide who took us over to the waterfall on our mini sailboat. Although the wind wasn't blowing, we drifted over and it was SO worth it. Vidal got some great pictures of us in the falls. I have to say he was quite the talented shot!


As you can see, our trip was the best EVER! Think about Jamaica for your next vacation! You won't regret it MON!!!

8 comments:

Tiffani said...

Get me to Jamaica MON! First of all, Sandals pizza is hands down the BEST thing ever...plus the BBC's and Dirty Bananas! If I see anyone sharing a pizza I will slap their faces! Second, so glad you guys got to have some quality fun & sun together...you guys deserved it! Third, I love all the waterfall photos...I think you could be the next poster children for Sandals. Tim was laughing so hard at the last one - he loved the cheesy beach style -way to go Vidal!

Natalie said...

Wow, it's looks like a gorgeous place. I'll put it on our list of dream vacations! I'm glad you and Joe got some down time together!

annalee said...

i second tiffani's nomination for sandals' poster kids! y'all are so exotic looking lounging in the falls. ps- fabulous swimsuits and so glad y'all got to enjoy jamaica and each other!

elizabeth said...

I love the pictures! So glad you two got a vacation away!

Maddie said...

I would like to second the love for the dirty bananas!!! Glad ya'll had fun and got a spectacular vacation! Ya;ll are so cute together!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I could use a BBC right now. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

I LOVE the last picture. Christmas card picture? And also the one of y'all standing in the column picture up by where you laid out. But this one is of y'all in your dinner clothes. Adorable! Get it blown up!

Calgon take me away...to Jamaica, mon. And dirty bananas are dirty & naughty.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Stute I miss you!! We definitely need to get together ASAP and catch up. Of course you were somewhere fabulous for Spring Break, why am I not surprised you were on a beach somewhere in the world! So jealous! Let's get together soon. Thai food? :) I know Joe would be up for it....come on Sarah!

sara lindsey said...

glad jamaica was a blast! i'm living vicariously through you. the waterfall pictures are my favorite; y'all are TOO CUTE together. and, any guy who will cooperate like that--at risk of slipping & going over the falls--for a good picture, he's a keeper!

you look beautiful & glowingly happy! love you!