
This time last year we were wishing our brave and favorite soldier off to war. It was with sad hearts and faithful minds that we said our goodbyes. Since the day he left I have faithfully worn my locket. There have only been a few occasions that the locket has not been around my neck (friend's weddings, etc...). The locket only kept Wyatt's picture and then Joe left and he went to live there as well. Last month my locket broke in my gym bag and I cried. Baby, I know! I felt like I had lost a friend. Sure it is a little tarnished around the edges, but its whats inside that counts right? In my locket houses my dear brave brother! I keep him close to my heart always, reminding me that he is never more than a prayer away.
The locket has been on many adventures and has seen me into my 27th year!!




10 comments:
I love that locket and love what it represents! Maybe it can be fixed??
SB, I found your blog site on Natalie's blog. I have enjoyed reading about your life since Baylor. Your husband is adorable and I am happy that you have him back with you. So great to reconnect my friend. :-)
CRAZY...I was just thinking about your locket the other day & how much I loved it. So sad that it broke. I'm sure Larry has some jewelry tools that he can use to fix it - or some herbs! Btw, who is your chucky St. Patrick's Day pal? Thanks SB!!
that heart locket is precious, but your heart is even more. i know wyatt is as close as ever!
sb, hope that broken piece of jewelry will soon be replaced with something sparkly for your finger!
i'd also like to point out that my sunglasses are broken.
So sweet! I know how precious it is to have your boys close to your heart.
Love that locket, and had forgotten what it held inside!
And I agree with Tiffani...leprechaun chucky.
Sarah Beth! I am new to the "blogging world". Sara got me started. I LOVED looking through your site. I love the pics of Joe's plane-WOW! I'll visit more often!
I saw your popcorn madness masterpiece on Sunni's blog. I miss that and I miss you. Maybe I'll get to hang out with both of you when you come visit. :)
Post a Comment