The fair is a fairable smorgasborg orgasborg...
Pin on a long tail, a couple of ears, and a fat belly on me and call me Templeton the Rat!
I have never tried to hide the fact that I LOVE THE FAIR! My parents did meet at a fair so it is only natural that this become a magical place for me. There is nothing like the West Texas Fair and Rodeo and if you are from Abilene, stop hiding the fact that you love it too! I love the food, the air brush t-shirts, the harassing of the carnies, the faint smell of horse barns, and of course the Bill Hames Carnival rides! I am proud to say that I ate more than last year (didn't think it was possible) and am currently deep in the middle of a fried food koma! Here are some reasons why...
I have never tried to hide the fact that I LOVE THE FAIR! My parents did meet at a fair so it is only natural that this become a magical place for me. There is nothing like the West Texas Fair and Rodeo and if you are from Abilene, stop hiding the fact that you love it too! I love the food, the air brush t-shirts, the harassing of the carnies, the faint smell of horse barns, and of course the Bill Hames Carnival rides! I am proud to say that I ate more than last year (didn't think it was possible) and am currently deep in the middle of a fried food koma! Here are some reasons why...
Hartley and I get lost in the beatiful Bill Hames skyline!
Even thought I will suffer painful heartburn for a week, it was worth it! It truly was an afFAIR to always remember! I LOVE A FAIR!
7 comments:
I haven't been to the West Texas Fair & Rodeo in years. :( I did see stand here that sells fried dough...I'm guessing that's like a funnel cake? Don't worry, I plan on finding out!
oh sb, i wish i could have ridden a thriller ride with you, then shared some of those delicious looking nachos (or then again, i would have gotten my own and just enjoyed sitting next to you eating them). i knew i could count on you to soak up enough fair fun for those of us abilenians that can't be there this year. good work!
once upon a time on a never-ending mini van ride wyatt said to larry and brenda...
"y'all met at the county fair?! hey dad, did you buy her a candy apple?"
I'm jealous! Glad you had some aggie fries for all of us that can't be there this year!!! Gotta love the West Texas Fair!!! :)
are those cheesy fries from Rick and Carolyn's . . . yum!
Thank you for quoting Charlotte's Web--my favorite fall book ever.
I'm surprised you weren't competing in an event like best fudge or prize horse. Something heebie like that.
Oh how I love the West Texas Fair & Rodeo! It was always such a comforting feeling to see all the rides from Shotwell Stadium on a Friday night! I hope you ate double for me...especially those fries!
P.S. Don't worry Sunni, I'm sure her pickles & quilts won a blue ribbon...& don't forget her pig!
Post a Comment