Sunday, August 19, 2007

To market we will go!


A few weekends ago (this is late I know but my Internet has been on the fritz) Hartley and I adventured to Dallas to see Jason and Jacob and spend some time flea marketing in Canton. So first things first, where should we eat Saturday night? Of course J & J are always in the know of the best places to be in Dallas so it was no surprise when we ended up at the chicest of the shaby Texas style Tillman's Roadhouse. This place was AMAZING and I highly recommend it to all metroplex movers and shakers. We started off with an assortment of flavored french fries. Who knew fries could be flavored? I thought they strictly came as one option...fried with salt. Appetizers-check!! Then came our entrees which were so good and the macaroni and cheese came in the cutest little green pepper pot (see below). We also feasted on such things as fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, ribs, salmon, need I go on! Just about the time I thought I couldn't put another morsel in my mouth we were approached about dessert. We all acted like we didn't want it but I could see all the wheels turning and as if on cue Jason ordered us the s'mores. And again we all acted mad but were secretly excited about the next food adventure! What came next I was not prepared for, the s'mores came out on a wood plank with a pot of fire. There sitting in the middle of our table were homemade marshmallows, homemade gram crackers, and homemade chocolate mine for the taking! And take I did. The best part of it all was that someone would say they were just heating up a marsh. for fun but would always eat it. It was such a fun meal and this food critic gives it 4 stars for finger-licking good!

It's what's inside that counts!!

Not your average campout!


That was number 5 s'mores!!

So after waking up from our food coma we were off to Canton. We got a very early start on the day because the early bird gets the worm and the good antiques! I let Jason take the wheel of Wyatt's truck which I didn't have to remind him is my brother's pride and joy. As soon as we got there we got suckered into going to dog alley otherwise know as dog shantytown. Jason and I didn't want to do it but Jacob is a sneak and we fell for it. As soon as we got Hartley and Jacob to leave we headed in the direction of the hidden treasures. By the way, we picked the hottest day of the summer yet to embark on these treasures. I wore my flea market hat which is actually a neon green visor also used in Vegas casinos. It actually turned out to be helpful so that the others could find me in hopes of not getting lost. The day was a huge success and everyone found good deals and yes, we got to eat all the fair food we wanted but somehow thought we earned it from sweating and walking...go figure! Feast your eyes on these flea market fannies!!











3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Finally you post, but all you talk about is food! Now I'm SO hungry...how could you do this to me?!? Loved the details of the Canton weekend & I expect J&J to take me to this wonderful restaurant very soon! Miss you!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Flavored fries? You've got to be kidding me. That has my name all over it.

Thank you for posting. It really had, as they say, been too long.

annalee said...

those fries sound amazing, but your visor is even more amazing! glad you had a great time. God bless Canton!