Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Watch out for jellyfish!


The only thing that could have brought me out of my missing Joe sad face funk is none other than a vacation to the beach. Our whole family (those that know me...that's a full 4 car convoy) loaded up last Saturday to make the drive to Destin, FL. Sadly, I could not join them on the first leg of the adventure so I flew on Monday to meet them. Our family LOVES the beach, I mean we wake up and hit the sand hard! And we don't mess around with our setup...we have 2 canopies, 13 chairs, 18 towels, 3 coolers, 8 boogie boards, 1 radio (playing Buffet), and 30 bottles of spray "shallac" sunscreen!



This year we stayed at Santa Rosa Beach which is closer to Seaside. It was so cute and all of the houses look like Easter eggs. I highly suggest a vacation to this luxurious spot if you are interested in only the greatest week of your life! Keep your eyes peeled for jellyfish though because they are a silent threat in the water!! Here are some pictures from the week...














I know this is heeby but there are some really inspirational stories!!






The Stuteville kids minus one. I can't believe I posted a picture of myself in a swimsuit.






We buried Will in the sand and wrapped a cover-up around his head, he looks like a genie!!!!



















All the girls at Seaside. I never miss an opportunity to pose by a flag!

Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolfe!!

7 comments:

Tiffani said...

STOP...I can't take it! So jealous of your glorious trip. Do you think the Stuteville Fam would adopt me next summer? Looks like you had a fab week...I'm so glad! I love you!

annalee said...

seaside is my absolute favorite vacation place ever! we went there 2 summers ago and stayed in watercolor (right next door to seaside).
i know you are missing joe just as much as ever, but i am so thankful you had a much needed getaway to put the smile back on your face. you are not the same without it!
and your swimsuit top is so cute. if my belly was a little less plump right now i would make you loan it to me for our cruise next week. i'll be sticking to the tankinis for the rest of this summer though!
ps- i found a card you wrote me before our wedding and teared up. you have a gift for writing and being a friend. love you.
pps- the longest comment ever is officially done.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oooo, I'm so jealous. Love it! I'm mourning the loss of a Florida Emerald Beach vacay this summer. We did it last summer in Seacrest (with a 3 mo. old...wouldn't recommend it) but we did have a blast! If y'all stayed in the house behind your canapies, then that's just phat.

carolinef said...

Sarah Beth!!!!
So glad to finally be able to leave you a note! You are hilarious. I only wish I could see the sparkler routine. Reminds me of Drop Dead Gorgeous!!! Let me know how you're doing!!!!!
Love,
Caroline

the thorntons said...

Sarah Beth! I found you via Tiffani's blog...don't you just love how it's such a small world?! My hubbie just got out of the Marine Corps after 3 deployments in our first 4 years of marriage. I truly feel what you're going through. It's so hard to let them go, but aren't you so stinkin' proud of him?!? I'm praying for ya girl...let me know if you need anything. I couldn't have gotten through it without lots of family & friends supporting me all the way. By the way...that book is not heeby...I've read it at least twice! :)
~Sarah (Jones) Thornton

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

are you gonna post something new or what?

Maddie said...

sarah beth. how come you never email me back? it is starting to hurt my feelings :(