You're a Grand Ole Flag!
How could I not write about the 4th of July?? It is only one of my favorite holidays! The flags, the food, the sparkler dances...how could you not be hooked? It also allows at least one day a year where it is OK to cry when you hear Proud to be an American. This year was no exception to a great day of celebrating Old Glory. Although I am usually celebrating the 4th with the Panians at the "lake house," this year I had to find my own way which was hard after a 4 year tradition. I knew that whatever I did, there had to be sparkler dances and Yankee Doodle Dandy. Joe and I were invited to an old fashion 4th of July celebration at a friend's ranch, so we rounded up our boots and guns and headed to the ranch. And while I claim to be country, I am not "ranch" country, so the boots I own are strictly for image. My brother Will was out on the grill, and I don't mean your average backyard bbq griller. This grill requires a hookup to your truck! And a moment of silence for the cheese spread...get to Sam's and buy the sharp cheddar spread ASAP! 

Will at the grill
And the big moment of the day was me shooting a gun for the first time. They were pretty much calling me sharp shooter Stuteville! I actually only demolished what I was calling taliban disguised as sunflowers. 

The moment that I had been looking forward to all day was finally nearing as the sun went down. THE SPARKLER DANCES! I wasn't equipped with my usual brand of super gigantic sparkler but I did have an extra long sparkler that actually proved pretty reliable for the dancing. I needed my background choir to whistle along and a sprinkler system nearby to trip on but I made do with what I had and entertained many. And by many I mean Joe watched and laughed while others tried to move me out of their view. We had our own private showing of fireworks that should have been featured on a prime time special.
Through the smoke and the rockets red glare, I am there with my sparkler and salute!
All in all I made it to the country where everything seems more patriotic and my salutes this year go to my brother Wyatt serving in Afghanistan. At the end of a day where we celebrate freedom it is impossible not to be reminded of those who defend it! Keep the 4th of July spirit with your everyday!!


6 comments:
Play it again Sam..."You're a Grand Old Flag"... How I missed the dance - Joe was one lucky guy to have a front row seat!
yippee! i can't wait to read this blog often. what a fantastic tribute to america and the 4th. xoxo
Yeah for SB's new blog! I love all the pictures-what a cute bf you have! How long will he be deployed??
Congrats on the new blog...sucker! I too, love the blogging world, so many fun blogs to stalk, so little time! Can't wait to read up on your life, you have some catching up to do!
Meredith
you got sucked in! good to see you on here!!
Your house looks amazing! God Bless America!
Post a Comment