Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

As written in my journal July 23, 2007...
...The hardest thing you will ever have to do is say goodbye to someone you love. I did that today. Half my heart is being ripped away. I can't believe we are back here again, it seems like he just got home and now to see him leave again is so hard. I want this horrible feeling to go away. I miss him so bad and it hasn't even been one day...



Joe left for a 6 month deployment to serve, protect, honor, and defend our country. We have been through two different deployments but this time seemed different. As a "significant other" to a man devoted to the military, it is my job to let him go even though I want to nail his feet to the floor. There are so many emotions that take place when he leaves- fear and frustration, pride and perseverance, love and loneliness, understanding and uncertainty. I am proud of Joe, I am also proud of the part that I play back at home without him. You don't chose who you love, but it certainly is hard to love a hero!


That's Joe in front of the B1!



LECHE


4 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

SB...hang in there! Come to visit in DFW!

Natalie said...

SB, I am constantly amazed how the family of military men (and women) deal with such long periods of time apart. Hang in there! We're proud of you and Joe!

Tiffani said...

GO SB & JoeG! I'm so proud of you! Now come to Houston for a little R&R. The guest room has your name all over it - we can even put a pic of you & Joe on the night stand! Then we can take you on a food tour - probably put you in a food coma for a week. If we really do it up right - maybe we can make the food coma last for 6 months?!?

annalee said...

love you (and joe!) you know i am praying for both of you daily.