Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the back of your hand

Welcome to Asheville, NC...

Where the leaves are golden, the air crisp, the smell of patchouli fills the air, and where this young couple celebrated their first anniversary.


Sarah, "lets take a hike," thinking to herself that it would be a stroll through a field of trees and later finding out it was uphill and rocky and I'm not a hiker.

There are so many quaint little restaurants with huge appeal. We found this place after I saw the jars from the street. They infuse their own vodkas and tequila. It was the cutest little place and I especially loved the cute look on Joe's face after he drank the habarnaro infused bloody mary.

Joe looks ghostly white against the orange trees.

The view from our perfect hotel. The Grove Park Inn is a treasure in the mountains. The minute you walk in you are sucked into its warm and cozy ambiance.

The spa was the single most relaxing experience. I especially loved the iced peppermint towels for the steam room and the outdoor fireplaces to cozy up and read by, as well as mineral pools and therapeutic waterfalls. It was just like being in an underground world of our own.

And did I mention the robes? Joe is just doing a little light reading and enjoying robe life.
My favorite moment of the weekend didn't happen by the spa or in the mountains but rather in the parking garage. We played our 1st dance song and allowed Dwight Yoakam to transport us back to October 11, 2008. It was a wonderful anniversary trip shared with my favorite husband!


"Take a look at the back of your hand, just like you know it, you know me too."

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Love the pics, LOVE the parking garage story and love you two! Happy one year!

yarger gal said...

glad you all had a good time, happy happy anniversary. see you tonight!!

Amy said...

So glad you had a great trip. Love your hiking picture! You little hiker! Matt and I will have to go there and explore...looks awesome!

Amy

annalee said...

i hope you kept telling yourself, "just one more river to cross," on your hiking adventure. i've seen nature sb in action, and i love her:)

so happy for you two on the anniversary. dancing in the parking garage just goes to prove you guys really will always be newlyweds! i LOVE that so much.

cheers!!

kristin fulghum said...

awww...i can't believe it's been a year! congrats.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you guys found each other! :) Oh, I remember the days when things were just getting started.....:) Looks like a wonderful trip!
Love you and miss you all the time!

sara lindsey said...

it's been a whole year already?! congrats, lovebirds! we have to keep your wedding favor pickles in the house at all times because russell is addicted :)