As many of you have read on my friend's Annalee, Sunni, and Tiffani's blogs, I am walking with them for 60 miles November 7-9. We are walking 20 miles a day for our moms, grandmas, aunts, and friends who have battled breast cancer during their lifetime. Our team is called Marlene's Girls. Marlene Panian is Sunni, Tiffan, and Emili's mom who lost her battle with breast cancer. Even though I never knew her, she left a legacy with her girls that speaks millions of wonderful things. We are also walking for our friend Jason's mom who is currently battling breast cancer like a champion.
Each of us knows someone personally who has been targeted by this disease. In my own life, I know two great women who are breast cancer survivors. The first is my special Aunt Roseann who is cancer free and a truly optimistic survivor! The second is my Gan-Gan. She had breast cancer in the 60's when it was almost unheard of. After surviving she continued to live with vigor and love for everyone around her. Gan-Gan has always been a special presence in my life and will be there every mile on those three days in November.
I feel honored to walk with such good friends who share a passion for finding a cure as much as I do. I am lucky that I still have my body to take me through this journey. However, to begin this adventure we must each raise $2,200 to benefit Susan G. Komen whose purpose is to find a cure for breast cancer. If you would like to donate to our team, you can click on the sidebar. Any amount is precious to our team. We thank you a thousand times in advance! Many remarkable women have laid the road for us to walk on, we just have to lace our sneakers and hit it!
1 comment:
i'm so thankful i get to walk next to you!
Post a Comment