Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Happy 33!!

April 7 was a very special day...Joe turned 33~and like I always say, age is a number (just like your weight)! I asked him what he wanted to do and of course he is a guy and "doesn't want to do anything" but really does. So I got my sneaky hat on and planned a surprise party for him. I had Hartley and Dan take care of the invitation and getting it sent out to all his friends. I was sure he was onto me when he kept pressing me about why Anna and me went to Target. Can't a girl just go to Target? I had it all planned and Anna was going to come over when we left for supper on Saturday night. Our code was "fox has left the hole." I also pictured her on the corner by our house in a black cloak and dark sunglasses. It wasn't like that because Anna would never wear all black, BUT she was very sneaky and rat-like. I was eager at supper and I couldn't stop smiling and even found myself laughing out loud. Finally it was the appropriate time to leave. I used the excuse that I wanted to put jeans on so I would be comfortable (I'm never comfortable in tight jeans!) He should have known then. I walked in the house first and all the lights were out and Anna hit the lights and SURPRISE!! He was soooo surprised and I loved that he had no clue. We had a great time and lots of people came so it was a huge hit!

Since we had such a crazy party with his friends on Saturday, we decided to take it easy on his actual birthday. We went low key with only a few people and then came home to cheesecake and presents! So Happy Birthday to my wonderful 33 (acts like 27) year- old man!!!

6 comments:

Meg & Amanda said...

Oh how fun! Happy Birthday Joe! Way to pull that off SB...

sara lindsey said...

awesome! i'm glad he was surprised, and i'm glad you used such a military code phrase! happy birthday, joe!

annalee said...

what a great 33rd! you really know how to throw a party, i'm sure joe felt thoroughly adored!
ps- adelaide wore her flower bloomers this week... too cute for words and don't worry i'm still eagerly awaiting her first time to fit into her abilene shirt.

Tiffani said...

Oh Joe G...so old, but so young! I'm very impressed you pulled it off. Looks like a fun party. What frat is Joe in? Do you think he will 'drop' you?

Btw, is Anna really that old? Every time I see a picture of her I expect to see this baby face highschool girl! Crazy & yes I realize this is a grandma comment!

elizabeth said...

I love your top secret code...how did he not crack that? And that last picture of y'all is so good. Happy late b-day, Joe!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Happy Birthday, Joe! And of course, Target is always a good excuse/cover up!