My favorite soldier has returned to his job. Wyatt left to back to Afghanistan on Monday. After so many goodbyes between him and Joe, you would assume that it gets easier. It doesn't. With each goodbye comes fear, anxiety, an overwhelming since of pride, and a hope for a safe return. On Monday we took Wyatt to DFW to catch his plane. If you live in the DFW area, I would strongly suggest that one day very soon you go to greet the soldiers coming home and wish them well going back. I didn't know what to expect but when we arrived in the terminal there were soldiers everywhere. I am a sucker for a soldier, there is a button in my brain that pushes when I see a man in uniform and I start smiling at them until it becomes awkward. I did hold myself together this day though. (Mostly because I knew that if one tear flowed, it was over!) As I looked around at all the men and women I thought about how each one of them is leaving behind a parent, wife, friend, brother, sister, husband, or child they love. Its an amazing thing that these people do. I was overwhelmed with admiration and love for perfect strangers. There are two ladies who call themselves the "kissin and huggin" grandmas. They come to DFW everyday for the arrival where they greet with pom-poms and screams, and the departure where they leave them with a kiss and a hug. What an amazing and rewarding ways to spend your days. It was finally time to see Wyatt off. We all stand in a circle until someone finally reaches out for that last hug. I never want to let go. I see how strong and brave he is but he is still our baby Wyatt. We send him out of our hands into Gods. Our prayers and love circle him daily reminding him often that he is never alone. I'm a pretty proud sister if you can't tell! We had so much fun while he was home. Our whole family gathered at Perinis one night to toast and celebrate. 

We also took pictures all together for our parents. They are not professional but I think we look pretty good!


Of course we celebrated Christmas with Wyatt this past Sunday. We couldn't let him leave without some gifts!


WE LOVE OUR DOGS!
5 comments:
There is nothing as tough as sending a loved one back into harm's way. My heart aches everytime I hear about another "goodbye", but I'm also excited that you get to have another homecoming! I miss those!!
SB, I think tears might be streaming down my face. What a great post...here's to the soldiers! Wyatt looks great & he will always be in my prayers. I wish I could have given him a hug too...he's just not the pip squeak he used to be! What a fun Christmas & I LOVE the professional pictures! Why is Will the only one not wearing a solid color? Does he think he is better than everyone? I'm glad to see your standard hand on the hip picture is still going strong! I love you & miss you...can't wait to see you next weekend!
well said. i'm praying for wyatt and joe and you while they are gone!
SB, you are my hero! Still praying for everyone.
My little, SB! I wish I could have been at DFW so we could have helped y'all kiss & hug goodbye!
Those sassy picture of the Stute kids are great though.
Can I get one of you 11 X 17? A close-up?
Post a Comment