Saturday, December 29, 2007

I will honor Christmas in my heart-

Christmas was a splendid event..filled with family, food, fun, and friends! I spent Christmas with my family here in Abilene. I decided to make a dessert this year and since red velvet cake and I go way back, I made one. It was actually not quite as big of a fiasco as Dixie had with ole' red velvet, but it was an ordeal as most of my baking adventures are. After all was cooked and iced, it did turn out delicious.




















Christmas Eve was spent baking, wrapping gifts, and snuggling by the fire with the dogs. My aunt Molly got a new puppy and here we are snuggling by the fire!












Ghost of Christmas "present" was very good to me this year. I love Christmas morning pictures, the pale, squinty faces are always a treat!












Chrismas wasn't the same this year without Joe and Wyatt. Even though we missed them to the sky we are the proudest family. As Joe says, "he is just providing that blanket of freedom we sleep under every night." It's a good thing that Santa found his way over to the desert...

4 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Sweet little Bella! She's too cute.

Oh Joe. I'm off to cuddle under my blanket of freedom.

annalee said...

merry christmas chief!
kristin said she got to see you in abilene- i'm jealous but happy for y'all. miss you!
hooray that joe is coming home so soon!

Michelle said...

i found you!!
so glad you guys had a good christmas, your red velvet cake looks so yummy. hope to see you again next time we're in town!

elizabeth said...

You could start your own cooking show. I'm glad I got to see you in Abilene! And I'm proud of Joe and Wyatt too! Only a few more weeks...