Today my good friend Hartley's husband came home. Dan left with Joe in July. About 18 of the guys got to come home at the halfway point and he was one of them. It was soooo windy in Abilene today and double that on the flight line. It was such an exciting homecoming but it was also bittersweet. I just kept looking for Joe to come off that plane but he never did. I knew he wasn't, but a girl can dream right? Here is Amanda and I holding Dan's sign that actually caught the wind and almost carried us away. I'm not sure why my neck veins are so flexed...maybe I was nervous about the wind catching my shirt and giving Dyess a peep show! I'm so excited for Hartley, she was sooooo happy!!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That post brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of all of Ryan's homecomings while he was in the Marine Corps. Hang in there!
How exciting for Hartley! Just think, your time is coming soon!! I'm so proud of you, you have been SO strong through Joe's deployment. Remember - Thanksgiving, Houston, Christmas, January fun (Tiffgirl's bday) & Joe is home!! Only a little bit more to go. Love you & I am thinking about you!
So exciting for Hartley! Joe will be back before you know it!
you are such a supportive friend and i know they were so glad to have you out there welcoming them home. i can't wait to read about joe's homecoming soon. that will deserve a glitter sign for sure!
Post a Comment