I am out of breath thinking back to the weekend. But don't worry because it didn't end with the party. I woke up Sunday morning throwing up and proceeded to 8 times! I had gotten a stomach bug from some ratty kid at school and I couldn't even move yesterday and half of today. Needless to say, I took a sick day! Happy Haunting to everyone!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Plant a tree, Be a tree!
The real question is where to begin? I had the busiest weekend but also the most fun. I couldn't have squeezed in one more thing into my schedule...or belly for that matter. I shall begin with the most amazing day at my school. It was FAT FRIDAY! This means that all of the school (adults) bring tasty morsels of goodness to one big room and you eat all day! They came in all shapes and colors, big bowls, boxes, platters, and my personal favorite...crock pots. The real problem of the day was trying to time it just right to make it down to the room and back to my room without the students getting suspicious, but when I stroll back into the room with a plate of donuts, cheese dips, muffins, cakes, cookies, it is hard to disguise where I have really been. One of my students even said he saw a gang of roaches heading into the fat Friday room to keep me from going back...please, does he know me? I didn't have too much time to be domestic so I bought a mummy cookie cake (see below) that I got from SAMS. I know I should have cooked but I did get the award for most spirited holiday treat, and I also got the award for easiest to please! I have always been a simple girl! I, of course was the only one taking pictures and when asked why, I told all of the non-bloggers (they exist?) about it and they just laughed and said "oh Sarah" which means, you silly girl who actually does one of those things! Here are some pics from the day. I would encourage all of you to bring your own FAT FRIDAY to your place of employment!
Moving right along... Friday nights in Abilene always mean one thing...AHS football games! So this was no exception to a normal Friday night. I met my parents at Taco Bueno ( I had you from Taco didn't I?) where we decided to get to go because this was a big game against Permian (no mo mojo) and my dad has to get good seats. So in we go, loaded down with layers of clothes and blankets and Bueno because we don't know what could happen with the weather. After getting to our seats we enjoyed a spread of burritos and quesadillas and waited for the pre-game. In fine AHS tradition the cheerleaders did not disappoint on the field yell. Although Tiffani, you always were the best! And then the Star-Spangled Banner which chokes me up more these days. Finally it was time for the game to begin and the weather was perfect and the moon was full and it was just a perfect night at Shotwell. Here we are enjoying the game...
On to Saturday morning...I told you I was busy! I am the Student Council sponsor at Craig Middle School. Since our school is new we don't have any trees and we needed to beautify our campus so I devised a plan. Since Saturday was Make a Difference Day I thought it would be a perfect day to plant some trees. After researching trees (who knew there was such a world of trees?) we decided on 4 Live Oak trees. So I recruited my Student Council kids, their parents, and some shovels and we met Saturday morning bright and early to begin our planting. Thankfully, the plant specialist Larry Stuteville was there to help us or we would have been in deep tree trouble. It was a great morning and we had so much fun planting and giving back to our school!
Which leads me into Saturday night. The night that we have been planning for a month now. Hartley, Amanda, and I hosted the 9th Bomb Squadron's Halloween party. The rules of the costume were that you had to fix up a flight suit into a costume. I decided to be a Christmas tree. Very interesting yes! I tore up slits of fabric (including a flight suit) and attached it to pipe cover and added all the finishing touches! It was so fun to see everyone all dolled up! We also decided to just make it a Halloween party for everyone too. So, it was a very fun night and we had a really good time decorating and I think we achieved the Martha Stewart Halloween bash that we were hoping for! Here are some exceptional moments of the evening!


I am out of breath thinking back to the weekend. But don't worry because it didn't end with the party. I woke up Sunday morning throwing up and proceeded to 8 times! I had gotten a stomach bug from some ratty kid at school and I couldn't even move yesterday and half of today. Needless to say, I took a sick day! Happy Haunting to everyone!
I am out of breath thinking back to the weekend. But don't worry because it didn't end with the party. I woke up Sunday morning throwing up and proceeded to 8 times! I had gotten a stomach bug from some ratty kid at school and I couldn't even move yesterday and half of today. Needless to say, I took a sick day! Happy Haunting to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love it. . .Fat Friday, Taco Bueno, AHS football and your tree costume!
-Does it still count as Fat Friday if you're the only who brings food?
-It looks like your Halloween party and costume were a big hit!
-I'm going to need a rat reunion at Bueno over Christmas.
that is the best costume theme. i am so impressed what everyone came up with, but as an austinite i amespecially impressed with the fact you managed to be a "tree hugger" in 2 different ways in one day. wow, good work!
SB! What a GRAND party!! I'll have to call you to get full details. I have to say your costume was my favorite! The house looked Spooktacular - loved it & I know Martha Stewart would be proud!
All I can think about is Taco Bueno. Please count me in for the Rat Reunion during Christmas!
Who thought of the sour cream spider web? You, Brend, or Molls? Too cute!
you are too cute! i love it all.
ps - my school has fat friday every friday...it's the best!
Post a Comment